Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baked Ranch Macaroni

So, it was the eleventh hour and I had nothing  planned for dinner.  Great.  I finally decided on something simple: chicken breast, carrots, and macaroni and cheese. The only problem was the fact that I didn't have my go-to box of Kraft.  So I looked up a couple of recipes, and found I had pretty much everything needed to make THIS RECIPE.  The only problem was that I had no sour cream, only a dip that STARTED as sour cream, but I mixed in a packet of ranch.

I decided to try the recipe anyway.  I followed it to a "T", except that I used the ranch dip instead of sour cream, and omitted the seasoned salt.

The finished product:




It made quite a bit, and it was pretty creamy.  I prefer more cheese, myself, but I wanted to try the recipe as written first.  So, how did it taste?  Not bad.  Not bad at all!  It had a kind of stroganoff flavor at first.  All in all, it was a nice blend.

Baked Ranch Macaroni:

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 package powdered ranch (Hidden Valley: Dips)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
  3. In a bowl mix milk, eggs, sour cream, ranch and pepper. mix in macaroni and cheddar cheese.
  4.  Pour into pan and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and pour melted butter on top.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until set and cheese is melted.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments family friendly.